Ukraine Gate- Kyiv – April 24, 2022- Chef Andrew Geiser shares a simple family recipe for a delicious cheese and custard cake.
- Cheese – 1.5 kg
- Butter – 0.3 kg
- Cream – 0.2 kg
- Chicken eggs – 5 pcs.
- Sugar – 0.4 kg
- Raisins – 100 gm
- Dried apricots – 100 g
- Vanilla sugar – 10 g
How to prepare:
- Pour hot water over the dried fruits for 15-20 minutes to make them soft, and cut the dried apricots into small cubes and set aside.
- Cut the cheese through a sieve, put in a thick bottomed saucepan, then add eggs, sugar, butter and sour cream.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix everything well and put on medium heat until the mixture boils, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, leave to cool, then add the dried apricots and raisins, mix well and distribute the cheese block in the Easter cake pan.
- Cover the mixture properly with gauze.
- Leave the mixture for 12 hours to filter the excess liquid, and the cake will absorb all the flavors and aromas.
- The next day, turn the cake on a plate and pull out the gauze, decorate the top with fruits, grated chocolate or nuts.